Dieudonné Joseph Renotte
Revolver with percussion with box frame and blasting powder.
The barrel is with 8 sides with small dovetail front sight inserted and bead cut in the amount of hammer.
The smooth cylinder is with six chimneys of gauge 450.
The stick east seems it of only one part, out of wood of walnut finely squared. It ends in a metal cap.
The whole of the metal parts carries engravings of sheets of vine branch.
The weapon carries the punches of the proofhouse of Liege, namely:
ELG on star in an oval: final acceptance, of use of 1846 to 1893.
T crowned: countermark of the controller, of use of 1853 to 1877.
Period of manufacture: between 1853 and 1877.
The weapon carries the mark of its inventor, namely D. RENOTTE PATENTS.
Dieudonné RENOTTE, Joseph, was an arms manufacturer with COVER LEZ LIEGE since 1853. He was a then “platinor” (manufacturer of lock) to Liege. During the period of 1856 to 1859, it deposits 5 Belgian patents for:
- Improvements with pistols and rifles.
- Modifications and improvements brought to firearms with DANDOY.C.
- Modifications made to the system of firearms revolver with DANDOY C.
- A double trigger with departure continuous or at will applicable to the revolvers, with DANDOY. C manufacturer of weapons.
- An addition with the closing of the weapons revolvers (with DANDOY.C.)
DANDOY Célestin manufacturer of weapons was registered with the proofhouse of 1846 to 1865. From 1865 to 1867, it created company DANDOY Célestin & Co.
875: is probably a serial number.
AC in an oval (read so well): this mark is unfortunately unknown for me, it does not appear in any collection on the arms manufacturers of Liège.
Back to "IDENTIFIED CRAFTSMEN