Some of the most beautiful work of this craftsman, and many others, are in this book “Liège Gunmakers through their Work. 1800 - 1950”.
For more detail see: LIEGE GUNMAKERS
JACQUEMART-PIROTTE Jos. 1908/1926.
JACQUEMART Vve et ses enfants 1926/1943.
JACQUEMART Ateliers association de fait 1943/1952.
JACQUEMART Ateliers S.A. 1952/1966.
JACQUEMART, Eugène 165 rue Petite Voie Herstal 1966/ ...
JACQUEMART by Hogg
Jules Jacquemart, Liege, Belgium.
Jacquemart began the production of this pistol before the First World War; so that it appears, it died little after and the production was continued by the widow and ceased in 1914; since this time one did not intend any more to speak about the company; although Pollard quoted the gun in its book of 1920, nothing proves that it spoke about a model after war.
The weapon of Jacquemart was an automatic of 6,35 mm to not fixed cylinder head, of original design. The carcass and the box of cylinder head formed a single part with the gun, and the external surface of the box of cylinder head presented grooves similar to the contemporary models of Pieper. At the interior of the box of cylinder head was the mobile cylinder head whose grooved wings covered by slits practised in the sides of the box of cylinder head, in order to be able to seize the cylinder head and to draw it behind for the loading. The higher part of the cylinder head formed a protuberant pipe which contained the spring recuperator and which penetrated in a tubular housing placed in the higher part of the carcass, above the gun. A stem-guide passed through this part of the cylinder head and was screwed in the frontal part of the carcass; when the cylinder head moved back, the tubular part compressed the spring recuperator around the fixed stem. The charger placed 6 blows and the gun had a length of 2 inches. The box of cylinder head was marked "the Automatic Monobloc Patented Gun", and the handles carried monogram "JJ" to the flowered style.
This automatic pistol of gauge 6,35 mm is a realization of Joseph JACQUEMART.
The carcass, the barrel and the slide are of only one part what justifies “Monobloc” name.
The magazine can contain six cartridges of 6,35 mm to central percussion.
The weapon measures 116 mm and the barrel 53 mm.
The weapon is equipped with the safety placed on the right side in front of the trigger guard, it is mark S of sureté (safety).
This weapon carries the punches of the proofhouse of Liege, that is to say:
- ELG on star in an oval under crown: acceptance post 1893.
- R under crown: rifled bore of use of 1894 to 1968.
- AT under star: countermark of the controller post 1877.
- PV under a stylized lion: test with the powder without smoke, of use of 1898 to 1968.
It also carries on the breech the mark “the MONOBLOC” Pistolet automatique Breveté which is the trade mark by Jacquemart the 20.07.1911.
The logo of handle represents letters JJ interlaced of Jacquemart Joseph.
JACQUEMART-PIROTTE, Joseph was industrial and manufacturer of weapons quay of Channel 28 with HERSTAL. It was registered with the registers of the proofhouse of Liege of 1908 to 1926.
From 1903 to 1911, it deposited three patents for a rifle hammerless (with J.J.Maréchal}, an ejector of rifle and the automatic pistol MONOBLOC.
After his death, the company was taken again by its widow Mde PIROTTE Veuve Jacquemart. This one deposited a new trademark “SPORTEX” the 12.05.1936.
In appendix two publicities of this company.
It is about a shotgun to juxtaposed guns and locks hammerless.
Proof house of Liège
Spangled ELG in a crowned oval: acceptance - use of 1893 to 1968.
D spangled: countermark of the controller - use of 1877 to 1968.
PV surmounted of a stylized lion: test modern powders - use of 1898 to 1968.
AJH would be the mark of workshop JACQUEMART with HERSTAL about 1948.
Back to "IDENTIFIED CRAFTSMEN"