Standard rifle Martini-Henry (calibre?).
Model with lever of trigger guard. This weapon seem to have in more one bolt with the lever!?
R (large) crowned: rifled bore, of use from the 30/01/1894 to 1968.
PV under drawn up lion: test with the powder lives without smoke since 1898 (1903 following of other sources).
Spangled BB: countermark of the controller post 27/01/1877.
Peron: inspection post 16/06/1853.
ELG on star in a crowned oval: final acceptance post 11/07/1893.
Markings (under reserves)
PB in an oval: Bischop Pierre, manufacturer of weapons initially in Liege, street Behind the Market, then with Herstal, Broad street Sees, 553 and then 43, could be the manufacturer.
“LG Bté” under crown: Gilliquet Lambert, arms manufacturer with Cheratte, holder of 3 patents*, deposited between 1894 and 1913, relating to improvements with Martini rifles, could be the inventor of an improvement to the Martini system which the photographs don’t make it possible to see. (Maybe the bolt of the lever!?)
(*) - A Martini rifle with visible hammer and automatic carry-cartridge.
- Rifle or carbine Martini, with visible or invisible hammer, opening and ejecting the cartridge automatically.
- Rifle or carbine Martini with visible or invisible hammer.
Back to "IDENTIFIED CRAFTSMEN"