Some of the most beautiful work of this craftsman, and many others, are in this book “Liège Gunmakers through their Work. 1800 - 1950”.
For more detail see: LIEGE GUNMAKERS
The manufacturer of this weapon is the Manufacture d’armes RONGE Jean-Baptiste fils S.A. places Saint Jean, 4 in LIEGE then place Xavier Neujean. The house would have been founded in 1789 according to their publicity but actually the period of inscription to the proofhouse is between 1832 and 1929. (See site)
Crowned mark JBR is well a mark of this company.
Back to "Rongé Jean Baptiste"