Veuve LAPORT Frères
It is about a revolver with pin and vertical percussion of type LEFAUCHEUX. The smooth cylinder is with six shots. The barrel is with eight sides with triangular front sight. A simple rod is inserted in the console under the barrel. The hammer is with head punt. The pear grips consists of two smooth ebony plates maintained by a central screw and two rivet washers with ears. The loading is practiced cartridge by cartridge by the right side door with the back of the barrel.
The weapon is unquestionably of origin of Liège as the punches of tests attest some raised on the weapon, namely:
ELG* in a vertical oval: final acceptance, of use of 1846 to 1893.
N crowned: countermark of the controller, of use of 1853 to 1877.
The weapon carries on the barrel following engraving “Vva LAPORT & IRMAOS” is the name of the Brazilian company of RIO OF JANEIRO having sold the weapon. This company was founded in 1825 per Alexandre LAPORT (1782/1855) made of LIEGE in 1818. It installs its arms manufacture in RIO OF JANEIRO to the corner of the streets Alfandega and Don Ourives where it is always it appears? Alexandre dies in 1855 and the company becomes A.LAPORT Frères (Irmaos) until 1859. Mrs Veuve LAPORT Louis repurchases the goodwill and becomes sole owner with like corporate name Veuve LAPORT & Co.
Appendix: seal (plug) of the aforesaid the company.
Back to "Laport Family"